Are you good at telling a story in front of an audience? And do you want to get involved with the World Press Photo exhibition here on campus? We are looking for students to give tours of the exhibition between 5 - 26 September 2023.
Every year we bring the World Press Photo exhibition to the TU/e campus. Shocking, horrifying, beautiful and breathtaking, the exhibition reaches 4 million people in 100 cities and 45 countries worldwide, showcasing the most extraordinary and fascinating press photos of the year.
This year the exhibition will be on campus from 5-26 September and we will be offering free guided tours of the exhibition. Therefore we are looking for enthusiastic students to guide their fellow students around the exhibition.
We are looking for (BA/MA) students who are:
- passionate about photography and storytelling;
- comfortable speaking in front of an audience;
- willing to give approximately five tours between 6 and 26 September;
- at least fluent in English, preferably also in Dutch;
- able to attend an evening course here on campus on 6 September to learn how to give tours;
- able to prepare their own tours on their own, based on written material and by attending the tour-for-guides given by a WPP expert.
Student guides will be paid for the hours they spend giving tours and for two hours of preparation.
Sounds good to you? Email Liza (firstname.lastname@example.org) before 19 May and tell her a little about who you are and why you want to be a student guide.