The quarter life crisis. Asking yourself the Great Questions of Life. Maybe you've already found for yourself some answers, perhaps you're currently struggling, or maybe you're one of the few who just skipped it and is happily coasting through life. In each case, this film will make you chuckle, cover your eyes out of recognition, cringe in embarrassment, want to hug every single character, and even get a little bit teary. Come love it.
Language: Norwegian – subtitles: English
Julie is almost thirty and just isn’t satisfied with her life. She has been in a stable relationship with the 45-year-old successful graphic novelist Aksel, who would like to start a family soon. But Julie doesn’t feel ready for that. She has started and quit multiple studies and is now struggling to find out what kind of job would be suited to her. And to make things worse, she meets the very attractive Eivind at a party. What does she actually really want in life?
- Winner of Best International Film by the Boston Online Film Critics Association.
- Winner of North Sea Port Audience Award at Film Fest Gent.
- Renate Reinsve won Best Actress at the Cannes Film Festival in 2021.
- “Life can change in a split second, and The Worst Person in the World makes it clear that while making major life decisions is important, there’s an entire swath of unexpected moments and choices that will irrevocably change who we are, and these can come at any time.” Collider.
- “A minor epic about uncertainty in both life and love, "The Worst Person in the World" is a revelation, a pitch-perfect romantic comic-drama that flips rom-com tropes so effectively that it winds up transcending the entire genre.” The Detroit News.
This film will be shown at Filmhuis De Zwarte Doos. Buying a ticket online in advance is mandatory if you want to attend this film. You can buy a ticket via the black “order” button on this page.
Please note: you can only buy a ticket online; tickets are not purchasable with cash or bank card at the ticket counter.
You can find more general information about tickets, refund policy etc. here.
Please be on time
The screening of the film starts at 20:00. We kindly ask you to be at the ticket counter when it opens 15 minutes prior to the start of the film. This is to ensure the film starts and ends on time.