The new film by director Edgar Wright (Baby Driver) travels through time and blends different genres together.
Language: English – subtitles: Dutch
Please Note: Due to the current corona measurements this film will start at 19.30. This way films can still be shown at de Zwarte Doos before the mandatory closing time at 22.00.
In this psychological thriller by director Edgar Wright (Baby Driver, Shaun of the Dead), Eloise (Thomaskin McKenzie), an aspiring fashion designer, is mysteriously able to enter the 1960s where she encounters a dazzling wannabe singer, Sandie (Anya Taylor-Joy). But the glamour is not all it appears to be, and the dreams of the past start to crack and splinter into something far darker.
- Winner of the Hollywood Critics Association’s Midseason Award ‘Most Anticipated Film For The Rest Of 2021’.
- Anya-Taylor Joy was nominated for a Hollywood Music in Media Award for her on-screen performance of the song ‘Downtown (Uptempo)’.
- A deliciously twisted journey back to London’s swinging past. - The Guardian.
- Dissolving the border between present and past, fact and fantasy, the director [Edgar Wright] (aided by the euphoric talents of the cinematographer Chung-hoon Chung) has produced some of the most dazzling imagery of his career. - New York Times.
This film will be shown at Filmhuis De Zwarte Doos. Buying a ticket online in advance is mandatory if you want to attend this film. You can buy a ticket via the black “order” button on this page.
Please note: you can only buy a ticket online; tickets are not purchasable with cash or bank card at the ticket counter.
You can find more general information about tickets, refund policy etc. here.
Please be on time
Due to corona measures, the check-in at the door will require extra time. We kindly ask you to be at the ticket counter when it opens 15 minutes prior to the start of the film. This is to ensure the film starts and ends on time.
To attend this film, you will need to show:
- A valid admission ticket.
- A COVID certificate (proof of vaccination, a negative test result or proof of recovery in the CoronaCheck app).
- Your ID.
- If you are a student, you also need to bring your student ID card.
The COVID certificate and the admission ticket will be checked upstairs at the entrance of the film hall.
Further information about CoronaCheck can be found here.